Monday 16 February 2015

American Line Infantry War of 1812

9th and 13th Infantry 1812 to 1813
These infantry represent most units in 1812, and many up to the end of 1813. Troops in the field would have either had white pants or blue with a white stripe. I made these out of Perry miniatures by making a card stock shako plate, a thread Shako cord and a green stuffed shako cord knot as well as a green stuffed backpack. All of my command groups are made from Perry Dutch, Belgian or Nassau with some Light Dragoon conversions.

23rd US Infantry 1813
These guys are made out of Victrix British with some Perry arms. All of my regulars' flags are from war flag. 

Victrix and Perry Comparisons
Victrix at left, Perry plastic at right.  The parts are interchangeable. I use a lot of extra Perry British arms to replace the brittle Victrix ones, but both are nice.


16th American Infantry 1813 to 1815
These are Perry conversions with Victrix heads. This unit requested, and were approved to have black jackets. They were one of the better American regiments. I have included my Old Glory US Riflesfor a size comparison.

Back view showing my back pack conversions. 
I made my backpacks out of green stuff, they all have war flag decals on them.


21st and 25th American Infantry; 1813
Here are my Brigade Games American infantry with Perry command. The drummer on the furthest right is a Perry Belgian Drummer. They match perfectly with Perryfor size, though they are made with more more bendy metal. These Brigade games American line represents 1814 to 1815 only, but these guys are also good to make some units in late 1813. They have a smaller shako plate than mist units in 1813, but some units in 1813 did have smaller shako plates. 

A rear view of the Brigade Games guys.


Main American Command; 1812 to 1815
Here is my general command stand. Made from Perry Dutch / Belgian Command.


1st American Rifles
Here are my Old Glory Rifles. Good for 1812 to 1815. Knuckleduster and Brigade Games also make these guys. The Old Glory ones are nice but very small. If I could redo it I would get one of the other types.






1 comment:

  1. Can you tell us which boxed sets you used? You said "Victrix" and "Perry" but which Victrix and Perry did you use? Can you explain what some of the differences are between the actual US troops and your versions?

    ReplyDelete