Friday 8 May 2015

The Battle for Montreal 1813


In an earlier post I posted the order of battle for our upcoming "What if?", The Battle of Montreal. After working on Robotech and Zombie games it's back into the War of 1812 in a couple of weeks. 

This what if scenario makes sense for us to play since the Americans won the Battle of Crysler's Farm that we played.

Battles Played
1813 Battles
1. Stoney Creek; American victory
2. Chateauguay; British / French Victory
3. Crysler's Farm; American Victory
4. The Battle of Montreal; playing on the 30th of this month

1814 Battles
1. Chippawa; American Victory
2. Lundy's Lane; Draw *Would have been a British victory in a couple of turns
3. The Second Battle of Chippawa "What if?"; American Victory

Upcoming American Invasion Battles
1. Bladensburg
2. Plattsburgh
3. New Orleans

I can't help but notice that the Americans are winning more than they did historically! Twice as much as the British. I think that this scenario should be slightly in favour of the British and French, so maybe things will balance out.

Over the last couple of months I have created about 10 square feet of forest, about 10 feet of dirt roads and 12 feet of rail fence. I also picked up a fantastic frontier Fort, and several houses. The fort means I can play battles I had thought of before; Fort Meigs, Fort Stephenson, and Mackinac.

Seven of us will be playing this battle on the 30th. There should be two battalions of Royal British Marines at this battle, so I will try and get them done between birthday parties and canoe trip between then and now.


These two battalions were at a lot of battles from 1813 onwards, so are a must have for 1812. I have already created the rocket sections. To make the Marines I am using Brigade Games heads on Victrix bodies, with Perry packs and mostly Perry arms as well. I bought the proper flags from Warflag.
They are almost ready to go, just have to glue on the packs. And of course get them painted. Knuckleduster makes these guys ready to go. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the report of this one Chuck. Hopefully you'll get some marines done, but, a canoe trip? Gotta take preference, hey?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, so far no marines are done! But we will see

    ReplyDelete