Sunday 27 April 2014

American War of 1812 Uniforms; Militia

American Militia Uniforms
Plates from Uniform Blog

Alabama
*See Kentucky Uniforms; very similar

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Georgia
Indiana
Illinois

Kentucky
Louisiana

Maryland


Massachusetts

Maine (part of Massachusetts)
*See uniforms above for Massachusetts 

Michigan

Mississippi

New Jersey

New Hampshire
*No plate available. Mostly fought in civilian clothes; long jackets and round hats. 

New York


North Carolina

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island
South Carolina

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

Wisconsin
No plates available. 

Canadian Volunteers
These were recent immigrants to Upper Canada from the US. The size of this unit was between 60 and 120 men. It was responsible for burning lots of properties on Canada. They fought in the 1814 Niagara Campaign. 

Volunteer Regiments
There were around 5000 volunteers. These were irregulars; often probably as good as regulars. They were usually / often equipped by the US government but not always. This is how some may have looked in 1814. Others would have kept their militia uniforms.





6 comments:

  1. I am just catching up with your blog. It is really interesting and useful. You have done a great job of pulling together the information from various sources on the web and the games look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chuck. This is a great blog, and a very useful post! I am especially happy that I can use my Old Guard Grenadiers as Louisiana Militia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since I’m more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. take a look

    ReplyDelete
  4. An intriguing discussion will be worth comment. I think that you need to write much more about this topic, it will not be a taboo subject but usually folks are too little to communicate in on such topics. To the next. Cheers click this link

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am assembling images for creating a kids educational booklet for a non-profit organization. Is there some War of 1812 images that could be used for coloring pages that I could get, less copywrite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete